Journeyman Plumber Job Description
The following is a general description of qualifications and jobs duties of the Journeyman Plumber. Tualatin Valley Plumbing LLC reserves the right to revise job descriptions and will inform the employee of such changes.
Skills and Qualifications
· Education and Licensure- Journeyman plumber must have a high school diploma or equivalency, successful completion of a four-to-five-year apprenticeship program and have obtained a Journeyman Plumbing License in the State of Oregon.
· Physical ability- Journeyman Plumbers must have the strength and agility to lift, carry, bend, crawl, crouch, and kneel for an extended length of time, in awkward spaces. Plumbers also need to have the ability to safely use tools and operate equipment. In addition, plumbers must have good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
· Ability to operate and maintain a motor vehicle- The plumber is required to hold a valid U.S. driver’s license and have a history of safe driving. They need to be able to use GPS navigation, keep to a schedule, and obey the rules of the road. It is also the responsibility of the plumber to ensure general vehicle maintenance. The vehicle’s exterior must be clean and presentable, and, the vehicle’s interior must be clean and organized, free from garbage and unnecessary clutter.
· Organizational skills- Journeyman plumbers are expected to keep an orderly work environment, not only in their work vehicle, but in consideration of customer’s property. They must also maintain inventory and keep track of all paper work. Also, Journeyman Plumbers need to be able to manage their time by avoiding distractions, keeping track of time, following schedules, and developing time-efficient systems and routines.
Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills
· Communication- The Journeyman Plumber needs to be able to communicate with customers, colleagues, and vendors both orally and in writing, clearly and effectively. The plumber will be required to articulately and succinctly discuss repairs and pricing with the customer. They will also write up invoices and other important and legally-binding documents.
· Negotiating- The Journeyman Plumber must be able to listen, understand a customer’s concerns, problem solve, and arrive at agreements that satisfy both the needs of the customer and the company.
· Positive demeanor- All Tualatin Valley Plumbing LLC employees, including Journeyman Plumbers, are expected to exhibit a positive attitude, be patient, and be able to develop a positive rapport with colleagues, management, customers, and vendors.
· Leadership and Teamwork- A Journeyman Plumber’s day will be primarily independent, however, the ability to collaborate and work with a team mindset is essential for the success of the individual and the company. Leadership qualities include the ability to listen thoughtfully to the others’ ideas, so everyone feels valued and respected, to be able to communicate their own ideas and goals effectively, to motivate others, and to resolve conflicts peacefully and professionally.
Duties and Responsibilities
Jobs vary day to day depending on assignment, however, Journeyman Plumbers are expected to be able to do the following:
· Perform troubleshooting and maintenance on plumbing systems, including inspection of toilets, sinks, dishwashers, and other appliances.
· Repair water heater components, rebuild and reset toilets, repair or replace faucets, and unclog drains.
· Locate leaks, replace O-rings, gaskets, and adjust water pressure and temperature.
· Install garbage disposals, water softeners, water heaters, dishwashers, icemakers, showerheads, and toilets.
· Install water lines, including copper and Wirsbo, while being cognizant of existing infrastructure such as electrical wiring.
· Solder pipes, connect valves, seal connections, cut pipes, and use a Propress.
· Comply with building codes, obtain any necessary permits, and adhere to health and safety regulations.
· Safely operate all plumbing tools and equipment, purchase parts, keep track of receipts, and maintain inventory.
· Prepare bids, negotiate contracts, inform customers of contract terms and conditions, fill out additional documents, write summaries and reports, and collect payments.
If interested, please call (503) 607-7242 , or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.